UIT University (UITU) is established vide The University Act, 2017 of Government of Sindh. The University is the culmination of twenty-seven years of progressive and successful operation of the Usman Institute of Technology.
In order to fill the internal full-time Deputy Controller of Examination position of UITU, applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates. The incumbent shall have following qualification and experience:Qualification:
Preferably, Masters / MPhil from HEC recognized university.Experience:
Must have 5-7 years’ relevant experience as Assistant/Deputy Controller of Examination or in an equivalent position.Key Responsibilities:
- To prepare the draft of Examination Schedules and deadlines in consultation with concerned Faculty/Department Heads/Controller Examination. (Date Sheets, Submission Deadlines, etc);
- To prepare and update the track checklist regarding the submissions and follow up of Faculty/Departments regarding Submissions. (Question Paper Submission, Result Submissions, and Scrutiny for Final Exam Paper Report, etc.);
- To manage the Adjustments of Exam Schedules (managing Student Time/Course Clashes in Exams, Announcing the Adjustments in Time and Date via SMS and E-Mail to the concerned Student/Faculty/Departments;
- To supervise the process of Exam Question paper printing (in controlled and confidential Environment);
- To arrange for the setting of papers with strict regard to secrecy.
Actual Conductance of Examination and Preparation of Results:
- To coordinate with the regulatory bodies for all matters concerned with the organization of examination of UITU/UIT;
- To manage issues related to issuing date sheet, appointing supervisory staff, allocating examination rooms/labs and issuing admit cards to students;
- To make arrangement for the timely issuance of the examination material, instructions to supervisory staff and students and hold their meetings as and when required;
- To arrange for the evaluation of answer-sheets in accordance with the planned time schedule for results;
- To bring into the notice of the Controller of Examination all cases of infringement of rules of examinations with full report for disposal;
- To assist in processing and declaration of semester-wise result;
- To ensure that all components of the examinations system in the university follow the rules and policies in true spirit to ensure the same quality standards across the board;
- To maintain the records of each component of assessment on regular basis;
- To prepare and display final result/notification(s) and sending the grade reports to students;
- To boost the examination system to the optimum level to get better, speedy and reliable results;
- To constantly review the system of examinations in order to enhance the level of impartiality and objectivity;
- To form mechanism for grievance handling;
- To make the arrangement for distribution of degrees, diplomas and certificates (Convocation);
- To prepare and forward to Controller of Examination the detailed result and Gold Medals details for onward submission;
- To issue duplicate transcript / degree (if lost);
- To make available the statistical/other examination information to regulatory bodies from time to time;
- To ensure full compliance with the Charter, HEC and other such requirements;
- To digitize examination processes and automate results announcement system;
- To assist with specialized assignments, new initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
The incumbent should have working knowledge of examination software, ability to keep confidentiality in departmental activities and good English language written and conversational skills.
The interested candidates are requested to apply by visiting the following link: https://forms.gle/qBte7K5C34aAQeek6
Last Date for Application: January 15, 2023